Tuesday 16 February 2010

WHERE DOES ALL THE TIME GO?

Well, so far we're loving living down here by the sea, it's so wonderfully peaceful and relaxing and the people are just great, so friendly and warm.

As for health well, my mental health has improved and I've already lost weight and feel much more calmer and settled, I never really felt like that in London as it was too busy and noisy. P's Psoriasis is clearing up as the stress is melting away and his lungs are almost back up to full strength after being about a quarter of what they should be back in Summer last year. We are also feeling much more clear minded about things and that allows inspiration to invade and I have not stopped creating new things and planning future projects which will probably take me until this time next year to finish!!

With the car being off the road still we haven't ventured out too far but we are now familiar with the surrounding area and especially the beautiful town of St Just which is just a 10 minute bus ride away.

A wonderful lady on Ravelry suggested I take a look in The Flying Squirrel which is the local yarn and quilting material shop and I did.Oh my... I could happily spend a kings ransom in there on all the luscious coloured yarns and wools but I was good and restrained myself from buying yarn in every colour of the rainbow and some more besides and bought the yarn to finish my blue and white stripy blanket which matches the colours in the living room. I also bought some King Cole Sparkle yarn in the Gold to make a rather fluffy and glitzy scarf for a gift for my Mom this Christmas. Yes I mentioned Christmas... well you see alot of the gifts I'm giving this year are going to take some months to complete and you just can't start soon enough on some of them. I have now decided to make some more for other people for gifts also as they really look fab when they're all knitted up.

There's several stores on interest in St Just and in keeping with our decision to eat well and eat local foods we have found a wonderful butchers, Vivian Olds who have served us well lately with Organic and local meat which is slaughtered in their own Soil Association approved slaughter house. He also has a lovely range of cheeses too and we have tried a few of late such as Cornish Yarg, Cornish Brie and several others besides. P is a cheese lover except when it comes to Goats cheese which I love and he brought me back a small slice from Pendeens Farmers market last Sunday for which he earned MAJOR brownie points!

It's such a lovely little village here and around the corner there are even some Geese in a penned up area on a green of which gave us such a chuckle last week when they completely ignored us hanging around at the bus stop but the poor old bin man in his lovely flourescent jacket quite upset the male Goose which raced after him honking and flailing it's wings about. He duly retreated when he was ordered to "shaddap"! by the bin man and retreated back to his two lady friends still creating and complaining but they ignored him totally... silly Goose!

This snap was taken while he was halfway back to his lady friends... such a comical episode and I'm sure there will be many more to come while waiting at the bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment