Wednesday 17 February 2010

CRAFTY STORAGE

So I was sorting out my cross stitch floss today and considering buying some of those stitchbows that you slip the floss around and hang up.

Well, being thrifty and not wanting to wait ages for them to arrive from e-Bay. I know patience is a virtue but I wasn't blessed with many virtues and patience has never been my strong point. This in mind I was suddenly struck by a radical idea after finding a huge box of jumbo paper clips.

After a few moments of organizing I ended up with a wonderful way of storing my floss so that it was handy and easy to use. All I need now is a wire strung between two posts and I can hang them up in order all neat and tidy. The little plastic labels even fitted snugly on the smaller part of the paper clip so I can easily see the information and have thus also done away with the need to buy stickers to label the stitchbows.

It's a much better system than my previous idea of stuffing them all into an old Quality Street tin and having to fish out the floss I needed which by some old arcane universal law was almost always at the bottom.

So there we have it, 5 minutes, some ingenuity and some jumbo paper clips that had been stuffed in a box and I have at least some small part of my craft stash neatly stored.

Now I just need to decide if I want to hang them by colour order or by DMC's appointed numbers... hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment