Tuesday 13 October 2009

PRICING OF ORGANIC PRODUCE

I went to Morissons tonight to pick up my organic cheese which I know they stock but while looking on the shelves I noticed another bit of Supermarket psychology... or just plain trickery and this isn't just Morissons, it's most of the Supermarkets I've shopped in.

Their own cheap inferior produce is always priced clearly and there's always lots of it but just try looking for the prices of organic or free range products, they are never clearly labelled with a price. Is it my imagination or is this just another ploy to get people who maybe are in a rush or who are on a budget and perhaps need to calculate their food spending with a calculator as we do to think "Oh sod it I'll buy this one, at least I know how much this one is"?

Well? Come on Mr Supermarket man... why isn't your organic produce labelled with a nice clear price like your piles of inferior products?

Something to ponder on a cold winters night perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment